The design stage is complete for the 2008 Form plaque. I worked with members of the Form of 2008 to come up with a list of events, and the following design elements were chosen:
2008 Form Plaque Design Elements
Plaque designs traditionally incorporate one world news event and three to five School events. The proposed design elements are as follows:
- The 2008 recession is represented by the stock market bear holding a chart with an arrow representing the down-turn of the market.
- Boys’ Varsity Squash Team won the New England Championship, and this event is represented by two crossed squash racquets behind the bear.
- 2008 saw the end of using trays in the dining hall and this is represented by the tray with SPS monogram shown to the left of the bear.
- To the right of the bear is a SPS Waffle, representing the new waffle irons in the dining hall that feature the SPS Shield.
- The winter of 2007/2008 produced record snow and ice. In the background behind the bear are the snow-covered grounds with ice under his feet to represent the wintery weather conditions at the School.
I began roughing out the carving over the weekend and will be posting photos of the carving process over the next few weeks.