The design stage is complete for the 2000 Form plaque. I worked with members of the Form of 2000 to come up with a list of events, and the following was chosen by them to represent events from their 6th Form year:
- Top Center: A Koinobori (fish-shaped wind sock) along the top of the design represents the 50th anniversary of the Seikei School exchange
- Center Left and Right: Oak leaves represent the 2000 class gift of an oak tree planted on the grounds
- Center: A nutcracker in center represents the 20th anniversary performance of the Nutcracker Ballet, which was choreographed by Lisa de Ribère
- Background: The crossed crew oars represents the girls and boys crews’ victories at the Worcester Regatta
- Bottom Left and Right: Two Roman numeral “M”s (1000) represent the beginning of the new millennium
I will now begin carving of the 2000 plaque and will be posting photos of the carving process as it progresses – stay tuned for more information!