The design stage is complete for the 2018 form plaque. I worked with the student council officers from the Form of 2018 to come up with a list of events, and the following were chosen by them to represent their 6th Form experiences at SPS:
- Upper left corner: The book from the school shield is shown closed and inscribed with the initials MGH to represent the end of Michael Hirschfeld’s rectorship
- Upper center and right corner: Features a dorm with a lock and key, representing the addition of locks to the dorm rooms during the school year
- Lower left: Shows the number 6 springing up from a trampoline to represent the 6th Form class trip to Skyzone that took place at the beginning of the year
- Lower center: Features a banner with the Me Too hashtag to represent the international viral movement that began in the fall, addressing the widespread prevalence of sexual harassment and assault
- Lower right: Shows the New Chapel tower with a clock set to 8:30 to represent the later start time for morning chapel
I will be posting photos of the carving process here on the Form Plaque Project blog and on the Form Plaque Project Facebook page when I begin working on the carving process of the 2018 plaque.