The design stage is complete for the 1992 form plaque. I worked with representatives from the Form of 1992 to come up with a list of events, and the following were chosen by them to represent their 6th Form experiences at SPS:
- Left: A large gavel represents a successful year for the SPS Debate team
- Right: Crossed oars represent an eventful Crew season for both girls and boys teams
- Center Top: A closed book with the initials C. H. C. representing the end of Charles Halsey Clark’s tenure as Rector
- Center Bottom: A sickle and hammer symbol broken in many pieces, with the letters USSR, representing the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
I will be posting photos of the carving process here on the Form Plaque Project blog and on the Form Plaque Project Facebook page when I begin working on the carving process of the 1992 plaque.
Categories: Design Process, Form of 1992
Tags: Charles Halsy Clark, crew, debate, gavel, hammer and sickle, oars, rowing, Soviet Union, SPS Debate Team, USSR
The design stage is complete for the 2000 Form plaque. I worked with members of the Form of 2000 to come up with a list of events, and the following was chosen by them to represent events from their 6th Form year:
- Top Center: A Koinobori (fish-shaped wind sock) along the top of the design represents the 50th anniversary of the Seikei School exchange
- Center Left and Right: Oak leaves represent the 2000 class gift of an oak tree planted on the grounds
- Center: A nutcracker in center represents the 20th anniversary performance of the Nutcracker Ballet, which was choreographed by Lisa de Ribère
- Background: The crossed crew oars represents the girls and boys crews’ victories at the Worcester Regatta
- Bottom Left and Right: Two Roman numeral “M”s (1000) represent the beginning of the new millennium
I will now begin carving of the 2000 plaque and will be posting photos of the carving process as it progresses – stay tuned for more information!
Categories: Design Process, Form of 2000
Tags: 1000, 2000, crew, fish, Koinobori, Lisa de Ribère, M, millennium, nutcracker, Nutcracker Ballet, oak, oak leaves, oars, Red Oak, Roman Numerals, Seikei School, wind sock, Worcester Regatta